Thursday, August 13, 2009

Life on the Homefront

Well, I fell down on the job again...I haven't updated my blog in almost a month!

It has been a busy month!

The girls and I went to Pinetop to escape the heat, and spend some time together and with my parents.

While we were there, the girls went and drove the go-carts at the Family Fun Center

They also went horseback riding at the Porter Mountain Stables. Bethany swears the horse she rode is related to her dog "tinder-belle"...not the brightest of horses apparently!


Patrick is continuing to do awesome! His crew has almost completed the school and clinic, and they have completed the renovations on the second school. The first Med-ready saw over 6000 people in 8 days! That's pretty impressive! Patrick has taken every chance to go to the sites and do some hands on work. This week he learned to weld.



Cheer started for the girls and I. Bethany is in her last year as a Cowboy. I only have 2 sophomores on the team, so we named them Captains, and gave them a little more power. I have 17 girls on the team right now...unfortunately that make us a large team by 1 girl. I also have a completely new coaching staff this year. I have Amy and Bri back as trainers (and Alina is a trainer this year too), and Patrick will be my stunt coach again as soon as he gets home! But for now, I am the only experienced coach on the field....it does make things interesting at times.

We are all missing Patrick, and are starting to look toward his homecoming! I'm always afraid to start counting days, because we all know the Air Force makes no promises about an actual date!!

We are also looking forward to Patrick 20th Class Reunion for the Air Force Academy!! It will also be the 50th Reunion for the first graduating class!! How cool is that? That will be the week after Patrick gets home from Guyana.

We lost a good friend this week when Bill Estes Jr. passed away. We are sad for his family, and will miss him greatly. The girls call him Grandpa Bill, and have very fond memories of Christmas caroling and other times at the Estes house. I can remember all the way back to high school, and CYF parties at the Estes house! He will be missed by many in the Tucson Community, and he touched so many people through his kindness and generosity.

So, that's it for now. Thanks for reading!! Until next time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment